Wednesday, December 5, 2012

MMM, Snacks...Yuck Calories...

I had a friend say to me that her biggest downfall with her weight loss is her snacking. She always wants to eat. She eats in her car, when she's at home, and other places too. Snacking is not bad, it's just a matter of what you are eating. If you are snacking on Little Debbies, Potato chips, and other junk food on a daily basis, then of course weight loss will be hard. Human's need fruits and vegetables, not processed foods. Some processed foods are going to make it into our diet, that's just life, but let's try to reduce them.


Photobucket



So think basic. Basic snacks. My mom may have taught me comfort cooking, but she also taught me that every time she leaves the house, she has an apple, banana, or orange with her, and also a reusable water bottle. She constantly has a jar of peanuts in her car too. So I try to follow her lead. The problem is every once in a while I find a soft piece of fruit at the bottom of the diaper bag. hahaha. Ok, but seriously, these ideas can help. Going out for the day? Carry some carrot and celery sticks in a tupperware with water, bring a piece of fruit, or a baggy of my favorite: trail mix (see FOOD, yumminess Ideas). Changing your snacking habits will make a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment