Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting ready for the long distance relationship...

Well, it's officially getting closer until we say "see you later"... and I am getting more and more anxious every day! We've been trying to get everything done, from switching to a national banks-to our POA (power of attorney).  Next week Wednesday is the Hubsters last day of work and then he's off until he leaves... I am going to miss him so much!  But there is still so much to do!

I am hoping to have our taxes filed before he leaves, but if not that is okay, we'll have it covered with the POA.

I need to get him the items required on the army packing list for basic.  Then I am also sending along a few toiletries, some envelopes, address labels, pens, and paper.  I want to make sure he can write whenever he gets a chance!

We will meet with his recruiter in two weeks to write up our POA so right now we are just making sure we have everything listed that we want to include in it.

I know there are a few other things, but I cannot think of them right now.  We are also going to be doing things like going out to dinner with family and spending as much time together as we possible can.  I have some fun things planned for us.  I have also been trying to plan out two trips, one with his family to Florida, and the other to see him graduate from BCT.  The boy ducklings will be missing a fair amount of school, but oh well, such is life.  We will go to Florida for two weeks in March/April with my in-laws and I figure it will help them keep their minds of daddy being gone.  The Hubster is disappointed he'll be missing out, but he's excited for us to go.  They'll only be missing a week of school for the two weeks we're in Florida, thanks to Spring break!

So that is where we are at.  There is a lot going on in the next 7 months and I am just trying to wrap my head around it all.  It's pretty sad when I find myself getting jealous of women whose husbands are about to graduate BCT, and mine hasn't even left yet.  oh well.  I will survive this and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment