Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Event Planning!

So after spending a crap load of money to get my business degree and study event planning, I am finally putting it to good use... I am planning events again!  Okay, so they are all personal events to me, ones that I am personally apart of, but I love event planning and I can use them to start building a portfolio.

This year I have a baby shower, wedding shower, and bachelorette party to plan.  Also, helping with any wedding plans my best friend wants me to since I am her Matron of Honor! I am thinking I will be kept fairly busy this year while the Hubster is gone!

I have always loved planning events and throwing parties.  As soon as someone says "a _____ shower, or a wedding, or a birthday party"  my mind starts running wild of so many different ideas!  I love making people happy and impressing people, but that is exactly why I haven't pursued my own business or even working for some else yet... I love it so much, that when they don't like it, it crashes through my heart and I feel like I let the whole world down.... again, a bit dramatic, but I take it very personally knowing I put my most creative, heart-felt effort into planning the event.  But for now I will sit back and be super excited about the events I have to plan this year :)

This past summer I decided to go ALL out on the princess ducklings first birthday this past September.  She is my last baby and the last first birthday I will have for one of my ducklings, so we did a milk and cookies party.  For putting it together on short notice and on a very tight budget, I think it turned okay... I was pleasantly surprised how everything turned out.  Her party was a Sunday and I spent 12 hours in the kitchen the day before baking EVERYTHING!  I then gave up and just ordered sub sandwich platters from Cousin's Subs and put those out as the "entree" with chips.  They went over GREAT!  I was pleased! So here are some pictures from our Milk and Cookies First Birthday party!

This is what we got set up the night before. My neighbor stayed up and helped me until after midnight, and we got the table set up!
Cookies and milk 1

Here we were starting to get the table all put together. We had 5 different flavors of cookies, whoopie pies, funfetti cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes with cookie dough in the middle and cookie dough frosting (amazing!), redvines, pixie cups full of blueberries and strawberries, take home bags, the tub with ice for the milk, and mini milk jugs for milk.! Oh and the sugar cookies with fondant "S".
Sophia1st01

milk and cookies party 2

Also, the cupcake stand was destroyed by a naughty puppy, so we just put them out on the table, but it worked well

milk and cookies 03

Here is the final outcome of the dessert table:
milk and cookies 04

I don't have one of the table with the sandwiches and strawberry lemonade, but it all went over so well! Everyone loved it, and everyone loved taking home cookies. All of the print outs and labels I got from HERE

And the straws, cupcake papers, and sticks for the chocolate dipped oreos, and to go bags came from: HERE

The mini milk jugs, I just got people to drink a whole lot of starbucks store coffees, and the cookie jars were cheap at walmart, resale shops, and the drink tub is from target!

No comments:

Post a Comment