Saturday, January 19, 2013

Banana egg pancakes

Having a lactose intolerant child can be frustrating sometimes. I am currently drafting an entire post on it that I will turn into its own page about lactose free recipes and snack ideas. I always feel frustrated when I find lists of toddler snack ideas and half of them she cannot eat because of dairy. Milk and ice cream are her worst, but cheese and butter affect her too. I haven't tried sour cream or yogurt, but when I was nursing they didn't seem to have much of an effect on her, but neither did me eating cheese, but her eating cheese is a different story, but if I even took a drink of milk, she'd be screaming all night.

We generally substitute goats milk for her and I cook with rice milk also. The issue is how expensive goats milk is. Right now I pay $3.98 a quart, so it adds up quickly.

I found this pancake recipe on Pinterest and she loves them! We love pancakes but I prefer them made with milk and it got costly making them with goats milk. So I made these for her and they were a big hit!!

Ingredients:
1 banana
2 eggs

That's it! Mush the banana and beat in the eggs! Fry in a pan!

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment