Monday, September 16, 2013

OCONUS MOVE - Continued...

Well I have some kind of update on our OCONUS move to Hawaii and it's not the kind of update I had hoped to give...

You can find the original post Here

Well on August 19, my soldier hubster had his EFMP appointment. The lady informed him that we all should medically be cleared and there are no concerns. They told him about 5-7 days to get his amended orders... Wellllll..... 2 WEEKS later he was finally handed his amended orders. This meant 6 days before he graduates AIT... And transportation had no appointments left. Oh joy. He got his tickets of course, but was not able to set up movers. We have to wait until he is in Hawaii to set up movers now. (SMDH in frustration).

He is home right now so we are working on the paperwork for the lien in the van, we found a new home for our dog (which has left a hollow ache in my chest), and we sold hubsters car.... I just feel so exhausted over this whole things. I used to be so excited and now I feel like WTFE.... I'm over it.

The positive side is... I filled out our housing application and emailed them his orders so as soon as he signs into the base we are added to the waiting list for a house and it back dates to when he left AIT. Also, the kids and I get more time with friends and family.

So I think that's about it. I'll update you more as the next month rolls on... And on and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment